Get notified of page updates
Benefits of TestingReview expert guidelines regarding who should consider genetic testing, how to find a genetics expert and how to move forward with testing.
I've Tested Positive, Now What?
Genetic testing benefits for people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
For anyone diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, genetic testing may provide the following information and benefit:
- If you test positive for a or mutation, you may be eligible for treatment with a (e.g., Lynparza).
- If you test positive for an inherited mutation in , , , or , you may be eligible for treatment with an agent.
- Test results may make you eligible for certain clinical trials and research studies.
- The test can help you understand your risk for a new cancer diagnosis and options for managing your risk.
- Your test results can help your relatives understand their risk for cancer and take actions to stay healthy.
Last updated February 02, 2022