Genetic testing benefits for people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
For anyone diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, genetic testing may provide the following information and benefit:
- If you test positive for a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation, you may be eligible for treatment with a targeted therapy (e.g., Lynparza).
- If you test positive for an inherited mutation in EPCAM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6 or PMS2, you may be eligible for treatment with an immunotherapy agent.
- Test results may make you eligible for certain clinical trials and research studies.
- The test can help you understand your risk for a new cancer diagnosis and options for managing your risk.
- Your test results can help your relatives understand their risk for cancer and take actions to stay healthy.