Get notified of page updates
Benefits of TestingReview expert guidelines regarding who should consider genetic testing, how to find a genetics expert and how to move forward with testing.
Genetic testing benefits for people diagnosed with cancer
For anyone diagnosed with cancer, genetic testing may provide the following information and benefit:
- Men with castration-resistent cancer who test positive for an in , , or another gene linked to cancer may be eligible for treatment with a treatment with a (e.g. a ).
- Men who test positive for an in , , , or may be eligible for treatment with an agent.
- Men with cancer who test positive for an in a gene linked to cancer may be eligible for certain clinical trials and research studies.
- Testing can help men with cancer understand their risk for additional cancers and make medical decisions about risk management.
- Test results can help the relatives of men with cancer understand their risk for cancer and take actions to stay healthy.
Last updated February 02, 2022