We successfully launched virtual community support groups, including unique groups for the LGBTQIA+ community, men, the D/deaf and hard of hearing, and for Black, Indigenous and People of Color.
Working with our partners at Eisai, SHARE and Black Health Matters, we are elevating awareness of endometrial cancer by focusing on ethnic and diverse communities through the SPOT HER campaign.
Our Health Equity sessions at the 2021 Joining FORCEs Virtual Conference featured experts who addressed health disparities and unique issues faced by people from underserved communities. These sessions included:
- I'm Not White; Can I Still Have a Mutation?
- Bypassing Barriers to Colorectal Screening and Genetic Testing for You and Your Family
- In Our Voices: Asian American Experiences with Genetic Counseling for Hereditary Cancer
- Talk Back: Increasing Patient Engagement in Decision-Making
- Black Men: Overcoming Prostate Cancer Disparities Through Screening, Prevention and Genetics
Our new video for the D/deaf and hard of hearing community, A BRCA story shared in American Sign Language, was completed in July 2021 and has already been viewed over 250 times.
Our newly launched Spanish Language Portal features cancer information and resources that were developed with our partners.
Our new resource, “Los genes entre nosotros: Guía para dar a conocer resultados de pruebas genéticas con familiares,” is a guide in Spanish for sharing information with relatives about an inherited mutation in the family.Descargue