Read about different genes that are linked to hereditary cancer, their associated risks and guidelines for screening, preventing and treating cancers in people with inherited mutations in these genes.
Cancer treatment for people with inherited CDK4 mutations
Currently there are no cancer treatments approved specifically for people with a CDK4 mutation, nor guidelines for treating cancer written specifically for people with a CDK4 mutation. Consider participating in a clinical trial to help experts learn which treatments work best for someone with an inherited CDK4 mutation.
To learn more about standard of care treatment options for specific types of cancer, visit our section on Cancer Treatment by Cancer Type.
FORCE offers many peer support programs for people with inherited mutations.
- Our Message Boards allow people to connect with others who share their situation. Once registered, you can post on the Diagnosed With Cancer board to connect with other people who have been diagnosed.
- Our Peer Navigation Program will match you with a volunteer who shares your mutation and situation.
- Our moderated, private Facebook group allows you to connect with other community members 24/7.
- Check out our virtual and in-person support meeting calendar.
- Join one of our Zoom community group meetings.