Medical decisions for people with an inherited STK11 mutation who have been diagnosed with cancer
Currently there are no cancer treatments approved specifically for people with an STK11 mutation, nor guidelines for treating cancer specifically for people with a STK11 mutation. To learn more about standard of care treatment options for specific types of cancer, visit our section on Cancer Treatment by Cancer Type.
People with a cancer diagnosis and an inherited STK11 mutation may want to consider enrolling in a cancer treatment clinical trial.
If you are a person with an STK11 mutation, you can find peer support through the following resources:
- Register for the FORCE Message Boards to connect with others who share your situation. Once you register, you can post on the Share Your Mutation board to connect with other people who carry an STK11 mutation.
- FORCE's Peer Navigation Program will match you with a volunteer who shares your mutation and situation and provide you with a free resource guide.
- Contact the FORCE impact leaders in your area to link to local support groups and other resources.
- Attend a virtual support meeting in your area.
- Read the stories from members of our community.
- Smart Patients has an active Peutz-Jeghers syndrome support community.