General information for people with inherited mutations
Anyone can carry an in the gene. Mutations in this gene are associated with an increased risk for cancer.
There are guidelines for cancer screening for men with mutations. See our Risk Management section for more information.
People with an inherited mutation who have been diagnosed with cancer may qualify for specific treatments or clinical trials. Visit our Cancer Treatment section for more information.
The gene is located on chromosome 17.
FORCE offers many peer support programs for people with inherited mutations.
- Our Message Boards allow people to connect with others who share their situation. Once registered, you can post on the Diagnosed With Cancer board to connect with other people who have been diagnosed.
- Our Peer Navigation Program will match you with a volunteer who shares your mutation and situation.
- Our moderated, private Facebook group allows you to connect with other community members 24/7.
- Check out our virtual and in-person support meeting calendar.
- Join one of our Zoom community group meetings.