The following resources can help you locate an expert near you.
Finding gynecologists with expertise in cancer risk and treatment
- The Foundation for Women's Cancer has a search tool to help you find a gynecologic oncologist.
Some symptoms and conditions related to female reproduction may be managed by other experts.
- The Oncofertility Consortium maintains a national database of healthcare providers with expertise in fertility preservation and treatment of people who are diagnosed with cancer or have a high risk for cancer due to an inherited mutation.
- Livestrong has a listing of 450 sites that offer fertility preservation options for people diagnosed with cancer.
Financial assistance may be available to make the cost of fertility preservation affordable for more patients. Patients are referred to those programs as needed.
- The North American Menopause Society has a tool to help you find a qualified menopause expert in your area.
Sexual health experts
- The Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA) has a search tool to find experts in your area who provide sexual health care services.
- The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) maintains a tool to help people find a sexual health expert near them.
Other ways to find experts
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers deliver cutting-edge cancer care to patients in communities across the United States. Most centers have specialized screening and prevention centers for high-risk people. Find a center near you and learn about its specific research capabilities, programs, and initiatives.
- Register for the FORCE Message Boards to get referrals from other members. Once you register, you can post on the Find a Specialist board to connect with other people who share your situation.
Still need help finding an expert? Click here to submit a request to our trained volunteers.Contact Us
Resources, Tips, More Help
Gynecologists specialize in the female reproductive system. Gynecologic oncologists have additional training in cancer screening, prevention and treatment. If you are followed by a gynecologist, make sure they are aware of expert guidelines and have experience caring for people at high risk for cancer.
Still need help?Contact Us