Breast reconstruction and going flat
After mastectomy, people have the option of leaving the chest flat or having reconstruction surgery to replace the shape and form of breasts. The decision to have reconstruction or go flat is very personal, there is no right or wrong choice that fits everyone.
Many types of reconstruction are available, so it is important for people to learn about the benefits and limitations of each alternative before making a decision.
FORCE offers many peer support programs for people with inherited mutations.
- Our Message Boards allow people to connect with others who share their situation. Once registered, you can post on the Diagnosed With Cancer board to connect with other people who have been diagnosed.
- Our Peer Navigation Program will match you with a volunteer who shares your mutation and situation.
- Our moderated, private Facebook group allows you to connect with other community members 24/7.
- Check out our virtual and in-person support meeting calendar.
- Join one of our Zoom community group meetings.