Breast reconstruction and going flat
After mastectomy, people have the option of leaving the chest flat or having reconstruction surgery to replace the shape and form of breasts. The decision to have reconstruction or go flat is very personal, there is no right or wrong choice that fits everyone.
Many types of reconstruction are available, so it is important for people to learn about the benefits and limitations of each alternative before making a decision.
People making decisions about breast reconstruction or going flat after mastectomy can find peer support through the following resources:
- Register for the FORCE Message Boards to connect with others who share your situation.
- FORCE's Peer Navigation Program will match you with a volunteer who shares your mutation and situation and provide you with a free resource guide.
- Contact FORCE volunteers in your area to link to local support groups and other resources.
- Contact the FORCE impact leaders in your area to link to local support groups and other resources.
- Attend a virtual support meeting in your area.
- Read the stories from members of our community.