Get notified of page updates
People diagnosed with breast cancer may benefit from genetic testing
If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, genetic testing may provide the following information and benefit:
- If you have breast cancer and test positive for a mutation, you may be eligible for treatment with a (e.g., Lynparza or ).
- If you have been diagnosed with earlier cancer, testing may effect your treatment decisions such as choice of surgery or chemotherapy, or with the Lynparza.
- Test results may make you eligible for certain clinical trials and research studies.
- The test can help you understand your risk for a new cancer diagnosis and options for managing your risk.
- Test results can help your relatives understand their risk for cancer and take actions to stay healthy.
Last updated January 31, 2022