Travel & Lodging
FORCE does not provide financial assistance. However, we are happy to share these resources. Contact the following organizations to learn about your eligibility.
- Air Charity Network provides free air transportation to specialized health care facilities, supporting patients who need to travel for treatment.
- American Cancer Society Patient Lodging Program provides overnight accommodations to cancer patients who must travel for outpatient treatment and need assistance with lodging.
- Corporate Angel Network transports cancer patients to the hospital at which they need to be in order to receive a specialized form of treatment.
- Joe’s House is a nonprofit organization that helps cancer patients and their families find a discounted place to stay when traveling away from home for medical treatment.
- Mercy Medical Angels provides assistance to financially qualifying patients in the air with commercial airline tickets and volunteer pilots and on the ground with gas cards, bus and train tickets.
- Road to Recovery provides free rides to cancer-related medical appointments.
Tips for finding assistance
Many hospitals and oncology practices have nurse navigators, social workers or financial counselors who can help identify financial assistance and other resources.
Additional local and state resources may be available.