Nutrition and Weight Management
The following resources can help you locate a nutritionist near you or via telehealth
- You can find a registered dietician in your area through Eatright.org, the website for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Search for nutritionists by specialty, including "cancer," "weight management" and "heart health."
- The YMCA has a free program called Livestrong at the YMCA. This program includes a free 12-week membership and fitness training with certified exercise experts. You can search by zip code for a program near you.
Other ways to find experts
- Register for the FORCE Message Boards and post on the Find a Specialist board to connect with other people who share your situation.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers have specialists to manage the symptoms and side effects from cancer prevention or treatment.
- FORCE partners with Savor Health® to provide free, personalized, evidence-based nutrition support 24/7 and “on-demand" through their text-based Intelligent Nutrition Assistant (Ina®). You can subscribe here.
Resources, Tips, More Help
Tips for finding nutrition experts
Nutritionists and dieticians are experts in food and diet to help people maintain or improve their health. Dieticians are experts who have received additional training and certification.
For more information, visit our section on nutrition.
Still need help finding an expert or service?
Click the contact us button to submit a request to our trained volunteers.Contact Us