The following resources can help you locate an expert near you.
- The American Academy of Dermatologists has a tool to find dermatologists by expertise, location or procedure.
- Aim At Melanoma Foundation has a lookup tool for finding melanoma experts by location.
If you learn that you are at high risk for melanoma, you may also need to see an ophthalmologist who can screen for melanoma in your eyes.
- The website for the American Academy of Ophthalmologists has a search feature to help you find an expert in your area.
Other ways to find experts
- Register for the FORCE Message Boards and post on the Find a Specialist board to connect with other people who share your situation.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers have specialists who focus on prevention, screening and treatment for all different types of cancer.
Resources, Tips, More Help
Finding skin cancer experts
Some inherited gene mutations are linked to an increased risk for skin cancer, including melanoma. To find a dermatologist who specializes in cancer on the American Academy of Dermatologists website, choose "skin cancer" or "melanoma" under "Any Condition" or choose "skin cancer" under "Any Focus."
For more information, visit our section on melanoma.
Still need help finding an expert or service?
Click the contact us button to submit a request to our trained volunteers.Contact Us