How can advocacy organizations help in the research process?
Some advocacy groups (including FORCE) offer other services and resources for researchers including:
- Identification of research gaps.
- Providing input on research design.
- Providing strategies and opportunities to broaden the diversity of participants.
- Helping you create a patient stakeholder advisory board. • Clinical research promotion and matching of eligible patients to studies. • Study material review.
- Dissemination of research findings.
Some organizations may have fixed costs or fees associated with these efforts. Depending on your funding and phase of research, these fees may be negotiable. Consider advocacy group compensation, including staff time and effort in your budget where possible and be prepared to have an open conversation with the organization about costs associated with these efforts.