NCCN Guidelines for Men and Women with CDH1 Mutations
Breast cancer screening for women
- Annual mammogram and consider annual breast MRI with contrast or mammogram beginning at age 30 (or younger if family history of breast cancer before age 25)
Breast cancer risk reduction for women
- Discussion of risk-reducing mastectomy based on family history of breast cancer
Gastric cancer risk management for women and men
- Risk-reducing gastrectomy (removal of the stomach) is recommended between the age of 18 and 40
- Upper endoscopy and multiple random biopsies every 6-12 months for people who do not undergo gastrectomy
- For patients of reproductive age, advise about options for prenatal diagnosis and assisted reproduction including pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.
Risk to relatives
- Advise about possible inherited cancer risk to relatives, options for risk assessment, and management.
- Recommend genetic counseling and consideration of genetic testing for at-risk relatives.