Diagnosis and treatment delays in young women with breast cancer
Young women are more likely to have delays in a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. Factors that affect these delays include pregnancy, breastfeeding, financial concerns and having a family history of breast or ovarian cancer. (8/5/19)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- I am at high risk for breast cancer, what screening should I have?
- I am at high risk for breast cancer and want to get pregnant. Should I be concerned about breast cancer during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- I found a lump in my breast and don’t have health insurance. Where can I go to get it checked?
- I am pregnant and I found a lump. What tests are needed to rule out breast cancer?
- I am nursing and I found a lump. What tests are needed to rule out breast cancer?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.