FDA busts myths of preventing and treating cancer by eating apricot kernels, herbs, and other ingredients
Full article: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/26/fda-warns-of-14-fraudulent-cancer-cure-companies.html
Maggie Fox (NBC News) writes about a new FDA report that warns of 14 "fraudulent” cancer products claiming to either cure or treat cancer (1). The companies that sell these products claim that many of them also prevent cancer, but are they safe or effective? (6/26/17)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What are my treatment options?
- Are there any supplements that I can take to help me prevent or treat my cancer?
- I'm taking herbal or dietary supplements, will these interfere with my treatment?
- I'm taking herbal or dietary supplements, are any of these harmal?
- I am having treatment side effects, are there any natural therapies that I can try?
- Can you refer me to an integrative medicine expert?
Open Clinical Trials
The following studies are looking at integrative medical care for people diagnosed with cancer.
Multiple cancer types
The following are studies focused on nutrition and cancer prevention.
Visit our Featured Research Page and Research Search and Enroll Tool to find additional studies enrolling people with or at high risk for cancer.
The following studies are looking at management of side effects:
- NCT04533763: Living WELL: A Web-Based Program for Ovarian Cancer Survivors. This studies a group-based and web-delivered tool for ovarian cancer survivors in increasing quality of life and decreasing stress, depressive mood, anxiety, and fatigue across a 12-month period.
- NCT05047926: Prehabilitation for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Patients. Prehabilitation may improve peri-operative outcomes in patients undergoing cancer surgery. This study will look at structured activity for women undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy to improve their physical state prior to surgical intervention and thus improve outcomes.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.