Hair straightening products linked to small increased risk of endometrial cancer
Full article: https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article/114/12/1636/6759686
Many people use products to straighten their hair. Use of these products, especially frequent use, is linked to a small increase in endometrial cancer. (Posted 4/18/23)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Am I at risk for certain cancers due to the hair products I use?
- Should I be screened more regularly for certain cancers due to the hair products I use?
- How can I lower my risk for hormone-sensitive cancers?
- Should I tell you about certain products I use at home that may increase my risk for cancer?
- Are there other everyday products that can increase my risk for cancer?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.