New treatment option for advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer
Full article: https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2216334
If you have advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer, there is a new treatment called Jemperli (dostarlimab) that could be an option for you. This study looked at how well Jemperli worked compared to standard treatment. Based on these results, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the combination of Jemperli and chemotherapy for certain types of advanced endometrial cancer. (Posted 8/4/23)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Is the addition of Jemperli or Keytruda to my treatment an option?
- Does my tumor have any markers (such as, dMMR or MSI-High) that could guide treatment decisions?
- How long does treatment with Jemperli last, and how often would I need to receive it?
- What is the estimated cost of Jemperli treatment? is it covered by my insurance?
- Are there any specific precautions I need to consider when taking Jemperli?
- Can Jemperli interact with any of my other medications or treatments?
- What are the chances of recurrence or progression of my cancer even with the addition of Jemperli?
Open Clinical Trials
The following studies are enrolling people with advanced endometrial cancer.
A number of other clinical trials for patients with endometrial cancer can be found here.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.