New drug combination approved for treatment of BRCA-mutated metastatic prostate cancer
Full article: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resources-information-approved-drugs/fda-approves-niraparib-and-abiraterone-acetate-plus-prednisone-brca-mutated-metastatic-castration
The FDA approved Akeega (niraparib and abiraterone) plus prednisone for the treatment of BRCA-mutated, metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). Akeega can be used as an early or later treatment. (Posted 11/9/23)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What stage is my prostate cancer?
- Is my prostate cancer castration-resistant?
- What options do I have for treating my prostate cancer?
- Should I have tumor testing or genetic testing?
- What side effects may occur with my cancer treatment?
Open Clinical Trials
The following resources focus on prostate cancer.
- FORCE prostate cancer resources:
- Malecare has extensive resources for people with prostate cancer.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network free patient guides:
The following studies are looking at PARP inhibitors and similar agents for treating people with advanced prostate cancer.
Other clinical trials for people with prostate cancer can be found here.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.