Financial AssistanceFind information on insurance coverage and financial assistance for genetic services, risk management and cancer treatment.
Financial assistance and resources for clinical trial participants
Please note that FORCE does not provide financial assistance. However, we are happy to share these resources.
- Lazarex Cancer Foundation provides financial assistance for some medical expenses not covered by insurance for people enrolled in clinical trials at some medical centers.
- Medicare Rights Center is a national nonprofit organization that works to protect the rights and ensure access to affordable health care for people with Medicare.
- The Medicare & Clinical Research Studies pamphlet gives an overview of participation in clinical trials for Medicare beneficiaries.
- TRICARE covers Cancer Clinical Trials through a partnership with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) which includes cancer prevention and treatment studies.
Travel & Lodging
- ACS Hotel Lodging program provides overnight accommodations to cancer patients who must travel for outpatient treatment and need assistance with lodging.
- Air Charity Network provides free air transportation to specialized healthcare facilities, supporting patients participating in clinical trials.
- Airbnb provides grant funding that provides free housing for patients traveling for cancer treatment.
- Corporate Angel Network transports cancer patients to the hospital where they need to be in order to receive a specialized form of treatment.
- Hope Lodge offers cancer patients and their caregivers a free place to stay when their best hope for effective treatment may be in another city.
- Joe’s House is a nonprofit organization that helps cancer patients and their families find a discounted place to stay when traveling away from home for medical treatment.
- Mercy Medical Angels assists with paying for short- and long-distance travel for those who need treatment/participating in a clinical trial.
- Road to Recovery has several transportation assistance programs across the U.S. and supports patients participating in clinical trials.