Pembrolizumab Plus Lenvatinib Versus Chemotherapy for Endometrial Cancer
Study Contact Information:
For additional information, please contact: 1-888-577-8839 or [email protected]
About the Study
The purpose of this study is to compare the effectiveness of using a combination of the immunotherapy drug pembrolizumab (Keytruda) and the targeted therapy lenvatinib (Lenvima) in women with Stage III, IV, or recurrent endometrial cancer versus using chemotherapy treatment alone. NOTE: This study has completed enrollment.
Type of Study
This is a 2-arm, randomized, open-label, phase 3 study.
- The study has two arms, which means patients will be placed into one of two groups.
- Patients assigned to Group 1 will receive will receive lenvatinib and pembrolizumab
- Patients assigned to Group 2 will receive the chemotherapy drugs paclitaxeland carboplatin
- The study is randomized. Patients will be selected by chance and placed into one of the two groups.
- The study is open-label, all patients will know which group they have been placed into.
What the Study Entails
- Group 1 participants will take lenvatinib daily (orally) and will receive pembrolizumab intravenously once at the start of each 3-week treatment cycle.
- Group 2 participants will receive chemotherapy medications paclitaxel intravenously and carboplatin intravenously on Day 1 of each 3-week treatment cycle.
- Progression-free survival (the length of time that a patient survives without progression of the disease) of patients in this study will be measured for up to approximately 31 months.
- Overall survival of patients will be followed for up to approximately 45 months.
- Mobile: University of South Alabama, Mitchell Cancer Institute
- Tucson: Arizona Oncology Associates PC- HOPE
- Los Angeles: UCLA Hematology and Oncology Clinic (Westwood)
- Aurora: University of Colorado Cancer Center
- New Haven: Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven
- Augusta: Georgia Cancer Center at Augusta University
- Covington: Women's Cancer Care
- Scarborough: Maine Medical Partners
- Minneapolis: Minnesota Oncology Hematology, PA
- Basking Ridge: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center At Basking Ridge
- Hackensack: John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Med Ctr
- Middletown: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center- Monmouth
- Montvale: MSKCC-Bergen
- Teaneck: Holy Name Medical Center
- Commack: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center at Commack
- Harrison: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - West Harrison
- New York City:The Blavatnik Family- Chelsea Medical Center at Mount Sinai
- New York City: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Rochester: University of Rochester
- Uniondale: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Nassau
- Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill
- Fargo: Roger Maris Cancer Center
- Eugene: Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center
- Sioux Falls: Sanford Cancer Center Oncology Clinic
- Dallas: Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Dallas: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- The Woodlands: Texas Oncology-The Woodlands
- Vancouver: Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
This Study is Open To:
NOTE: This study has completed enrollment.
This Study is Not Open To:
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.