HealthDay: “’Chemo brain’ lasts for months in many breast cancer survivors.”
Rating: 4.5 Stars
- Not all limitations of the research study were discussed.
Medical News Today: Breast cancer patients report ‘chemo brain’ is a substantial problem
Rating: 3.5 Stars
- No sources were interviewed for this media article.
- No limitations of the research study were discussed.
PsychCentral: “Chemo-brain may be pervasive in breast cancer patients”
Rating: 3.0 Stars
- The first sentence of this media article exaggerates the research findings by saying chemobrain is “extremely common.”
- No sources outside of the research study were interviewed for this media article.
- This article states that “higher levels of anxiety and depressive symptoms at the onset led to a greater impact on FACT-Cog scores,” even though the study does not show that the scores were because of the anxiety and depression.
- No limitations of the research study were mentioned in the media article.