- This study is directly relevant to newly-diagnosed women with breast cancer.
- Participants were women with stage I-III breast cancer who ranged in age from 21-79.
Strength of Science: Medium
- This research study suggests that newly diagnosed breast cancer patients who used online communication frequently were more satisfied with their treatment decisions.
- However, the researchers’ study design grouped all methods of communication together (email, Twitter, texting, etc.), even though they differ from one another.
- The researchers also grouped women of all ages and races together. Because of this, it is unknown which groups benefit and possibly don’t benefit from online communication.