- This study is relevant for people experiencing fatigue from breast cancer treatment.
- Because the study included mostly White women and was exclusive to early-stage breast cancer patients, more research will be needed to determine if these findings apply to people with metastatic breast cancer, men, people of different races and ethnicities, and people being treated for other cancers.
- The study suggests that acupressure can be taught to people who may use it to improve side effects from treatment.
Strength of Science: Medium-High
- This research study suggests that acupressure may help fatigue in breast cancer survivors.
- The study also suggests that the technique can be taught to patients to use for symptom management.
- However, the researchers cannot definitively claim that acupressure does help fatigue in breast cancer survivors because of the limitations of the research study.
Research Timeline: Human Research
- This was a relatively small study. Larger studies will be needed to confirm these findings.