- This study is relevant to all women who receive mammograms. For patients to take action on breast density notifications, the reports must be clear and easy to understand.
- States can take action to improve readability of notifications.
- More research will be needed to see if the notifications improve patient outcomes.
Strength of Science: Medium-High
- This study indicates that the information found on dense breast notifications are not easy to read or understand.
- No points were taken off for the study’s research design or study analysis.
- However, while the results are relevant to young breast cancer survivors who have dense breasts, the researchers did not look at how these results affect outcomes. Therefore, it is not known if the difficulty of the dense breast notification text affects how women make further health decisions.
Research Timeline: Human Studies
- More research is needed to learn the long term outcomes for women who receive dense breast notifications.