- This work is relevant for young women with breast cancer.
- The study findings show an association between age of diagnosis and outcomes but do not prove that age of diagnosis causes these different outcomes.
- Some conclusions will require additional research.
Strength of Science: Medium-High
- This observational study focuses on outcomes and psychosocial factors in young women with breast cancer.
- The current observations are limited to the study’s initial findings. Because it is an observational study, the correlations observed must be tested to determine whether or not they cause the findings.
- These results are similar to those seen in other studies of younger women.
Research Timeline: Human Studies
- Researchers are still studying the safety of interrupting hormonal therapy for pregnancy.