Everyday Health: "Early breast cancer: genetic testing up, chemotherapy use down"
- This is a balanced article that presents the information from this study in a clear and accurate way.
- The article cites sources outside the research study as well as the study researchers.
- Context for the results are provided. The article extended the material discussed to two ongoing (at the time) clinical trials designed to test questions raised in this study.
- Headline and lede match the article content.
- The article is well-written and easy to read. Scientific facts are accurate and terminology is used correctly.
- Only study researchers are quoted and there is little or no critical evaluation of this information. No context of the field of study is provided.
Healio: "Chemotherapy use declines in early-stage breast cancer"
- The novelty of the research is conveyed appropriately.
- No outside sources were cited other than study researchers.
- This article lacks critical evaluation of the research. No context for the study questions are provided.