Healio: Screen-detected breast cancers persist without treatment
Rating: 4.5 Stars
This article is clearly written and easy to follow.
- It presents the research, data, and conclusions accurately.
- However, this article only included comments from one of the authors of the study. No outside expert’s comments were included.
- This Healio article also had an accompanying perspective. The author of this piece clearly points out the many limitations and possible misleading conclusions the authors of the study included in a discussion of their results.
- Combined, these to pieces in the Healio report are a well reported discussion and evaluation of the current study.
Forbes: Debunking the vanishing breast cancer myth
Rating: 4.0 Stars
- While this article is easy to understand, it did not include comments from the authors of this study nor outside sources.
- The author of this piece, who is a physician, highlights the limitations of the study and questions whether or not the authors of the study have no conflicts of interest related to the material discussed in the article is true given that they are breast imaging specialist.
- The author of this piece states that she is in agreement with others in that not all cases of breast cancer need treatment. Given this, she clearly interprets the results of this study stating that cancer does not vanish.
Medscape: Untreated breast cancers do not spontaneously vanish
Rating: 4.0 Stars
- This media article is well-written and easy to understand.
- It clearly states the results as well as the limitations of the study.
- This article includes comments from researches involved in this study and comments from an outside expert.
- The article is factually correct and the headline matches what the article claims.
- This article does not discuss contradicting research findings.