Medscape: First survival results with immunotherapy, TNBC
Rating: 5 Stars
- This is a well written, fact-based article which is easy to understand.
- The article includes comments by other experts in the field.
Healeo: Atezolizumab prolongs OS for responders with triple-negative breast cancer
Rating: 4.5 Stars
- Well written, fact-based article.
- The article may be difficult for a lay reader to follow.
- Includes comments by other experts in the field who were not part of the research study.
MedPage Today: Response to PD-L1 drug boosts survival in TNBC
Rating: 4.0 Stars
- The Lede says all responding patients alive at 3 years but text states a 2 year remission which may be confusing to the lay person.
- Overall the article is accurate, though overwhelming and not clearly written for a lay person.
TIME: Immunotherapy may treat this deadly breast cancer
Rating: 3 Stars
- The headline is misleading
- Only the study author is quoted, no scientist unrelated to the study was quoted.
- The only study result discussed in this piece was the percent of patients who responded to the drug. It is not clear what benefit the drug provided to the patients who responded which is important when trying to understanding the results of the research.