CBS News brings attention to the issues facing young metastatic breast cancer patients
Full article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-hardest-part-of-breast-cancer-under-40/
Beth Caldwell is a former civil rights lawyer, a mother of two, and a wife who was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer when she 37. Mary Brophy Marcus covered Beth’s story in her piece, “The hardest part” of breast cancer under 40, for CBS News. (11/8/16)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- I’m experiencing the following (e.g. pain, loss of appetite, anxiety, etc.), can a supportive care specialist help me? Does your practice have supportive services available?
- My family member or caregiver is having a difficult time coping with my diagnosis. Can a supportive care specialist help them?
- What supportive services would you recommend for me?
- Does your hospital have a support group for people with metastatic breast cancer?
- Are there any on-line support groups you would recommend for me?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.