A “flu shot” against breast cancer? Not so fast
There have been multiple reports in the media of a Florida woman who had a "shot" to treat her DCIS with a promising outcome. This XRAY reviews the underlying story about this early breast cancer vaccine trial. (10/25/19)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What are the best options for treating my DCIS given my age and/or family background?
- Will my family history of cancer affect my treatment options for DCIS?
- What other tests can be used to help decide how to treat my DCIS?
- I was diagnosed with DCIS before age 50, should I consider genetic counseling or genetic testing?
- What are my options for reducing my risk of a recurrence?
- Do I qualify for any clinical trials?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.