Strategies for managing pancreatic cancer pain
Full article: https://academic.oup.com/oncolo/article/26/6/e971/6520951
Abdominal pain is often a severe, ongoing symptom of pancreatic cancer, yet little research has been done on how to best reduce this pain. The authors of this review discuss current strategies for managing cancer-related pain and their effectiveness. (Posted 10/31/22)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What strategy do you recommend to manage my pancreatic cancer pain?
- What are the risks and benefits of my pain management approach?
- Can you refer me to a palliative care specialist?
Open Clinical Trials
The following studies are looking at management of side effects:
- NCT04533763: Living WELL: A Web-Based Program for Ovarian Cancer Survivors. This studies a group-based and web-delivered tool for ovarian cancer survivors in increasing quality of life and decreasing stress, depressive mood, anxiety, and fatigue across a 12-month period.
- NCT05047926: Prehabilitation for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Patients. Prehabilitation may improve peri-operative outcomes in patients undergoing cancer surgery. This study will look at structured activity for women undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy to improve their physical state prior to surgical intervention and thus improve outcomes.
The following studies are looking at palliative care for people diagnosed with cancer.:
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.