New imaging technology shows promise in detecting of spread of prostate cancer
Full article: https://meetinglibrary.asco.org/record/184099/abstract
A new imaging technique is currently being tested to see if it can detect the spread of prostate cancer sooner than standard imaging. Two clinical trials show that the new technique can detect the spread of prostate cancer in men who are newly diagnosed and in men whose cancer returns after treatment. (10/16/20)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What is the best way to tell if my prostate cancer has spread?
- What tests have already been done?
- What were the results of these tests?
- What, if any, additional testing should I have?
- Do these tests have any side effects?
- Is my prostate cancer low, intermediate or high risk?
- How will these tests affect my medical options?
- Can you provide a copy of my test results?
- Should I consider a clinical trial?
Open Clinical Trials
The following are studies looking at new methods for staging, monitoring and finding recurrence in people with prostate cancer.
A number of other clinical trials for monitoring patients with prostate cancer can be found here.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.