High health insurance deductibles can interfere with breast cancer treatment decisions
Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/health/breast-cancer-insurance-deductibles.html
A New York Times article published on May 4, 2018 examines the impact of high insurance deductibles on breast cancer treatment. (7/12/18)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What is my out-of-pocket cost for this test or procedure under my health plan?
- My insurance is covering my treatment but I still have a lot of out-of-pocket costs. Are there any resources that can help me?
- Do you work with patient navigators, oncology social workers or financial counselors who can help me cope with the financial burden of my cancer care?
- What organizations or patient assistance programs can help provide me with financial assistance?
- What is the risk of waiting to have this test or procedure done?
- Do you recommend additional tests or procedures if my insurance covers them?
- My health insurance denied coverage for my medical care, how do I file an appeal?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.