Why one woman passed on genetic testing
Full article: http://www.wired.com/2016/09/wont-get-genetic-test-breast-cancer/
What are reasons to get or not get genetic testing? Cynthia Graber gives her thoughts on the matter in her Wired opinion piece, "Why I Won't Get the Genetic Test for Breast Cancer." (11/15/16)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- There is a history of breast cancer on my father’s side of my family, should I consider genetic testing?
- Should I get genetic testing?
- How can I tell if the cancer in my family might be hereditary?
- Will insurance cover genetic counseling and testing if I am interested in pursuing it?
- Can you refer me to a genetic counselor?
Open Clinical Trials
Below are clinical trials that include genetic counseling and testing.
Other genetic counseling or testing studies may be found here.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.