The cost of cancer care and impact of financial hardship on treatment
Full article: https://khn.org/news/pricey-precision-medicine-often-financially-toxic-for-cancer-patients/
Several recent studies on the cost of cancer care show the negative effects on cancer patients. We review an article by Kaiser Health News and associated studies about the financial impact of breast cancer treatment and cost of precision medicine. (2/8/19)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- How much will my treatment cost?
- Will insurance providers cover this treatment cost?
- What are the projected copays or deductibles associated with my cancer treatment with my insurance coverage?
- Are there any options or financial arrangements that will allow me to pay my treatment costs over time?
- Are there open clinical trials that are appropriate for me?
- If alternative treatments are available, what are the benefits, risks and costs of each?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.