The cost of cancer care and impact of financial hardship on treatment
Full article: https://khn.org/news/pricey-precision-medicine-often-financially-toxic-for-cancer-patients/
Several recent studies on the cost of cancer care show the negative effects on cancer patients. In this XRAYS we review a recent article by Kaiser Health News and associated studies about the financial impact of breast cancer treatment and cost of precision medicine. (2/8/19)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- How much will my treatment cost?
- Will insurance providers cover this treatment cost?
- What are the projected copays or deductibles associated with my cancer treatment with my insurance coverage?
- Are there any options or financial arrangements that will allow me to pay my treatment costs over time?
- Are there open clinical trials that are appropriate for me?
- If alternative treatments are available, what are the benefits, risks and costs of each?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.