Coping with the financial burden of breast cancer
Full article: https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2017-10-19/the-financial-cost-of-breast-cancer
U.S. News & World Report recently talked to three breast cancer survivors, including two young women, about how they handled out-of-pocket costs and other medical expenses after their cancer diagnosis. (Posted 1/4/18)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- How much will my treatment cost? Will my insurance cover my treatment costs? Do you work with patient navigators, oncology social workers, or financial counselors who can help me cope with the financial burden of my cancer care?
- What organizations or patient assistance programs can help provide me with financial assistance?
- Are there any options or financial arrangements that will allow me to pay my treatment costs over time?
- Are there open clinical trials that are appropriate for me?
- If alternative treatments are available, what are the benefits, risks and costs of each?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.