Dense breasts and mammograms: Jill Goodacre’s story
Full article: https://www.self.com/story/why-women-with-dense-breasts-may-need-more-than-a-mammogram
Korin Miller’s piece for SELF magazine focuses on why women with dense breasts may need more than a screening mammogram. Miller highlights the recent story in People magazine of Jill Goodacre, a former Victoria’s Secret model and the wife of recording artist and talk show host Harry Connick Jr. Goodacre told of her breast cancer diagnosis 5 years ago after having additional screening of her dense breast tissue following a normal mammogram. (12/8/17)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Do I have dense breasts?
- I received a dense breast notification at my last mammogram; what type of breast cancer screening do I need?
- What does having dense breasts mean for me?
- How can I lower my breast cancer risk?
- Who do I contact if I do not understand what my Dense Breast Notification says?
- What other screening methods can I use?
- I live in a state that does not provide a dense breast notification with my screening result. How do I know if I have dense breasts?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.