COVID-19 and cancer
The current COVID-19 pandemic has led to many changes in our communities. In this XRAY review we focus on the intersection between COVID-19 and cancer: who may be immunosuppressed, coping with changes in surveillance or treatment, and evaluating and dealing with media. (4/13/20)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Are there options for consultations or appointments by telephone or video?
- What are the risks and benefits of delaying in-person appointments, screening or treatment?
- Are there treatments that limit the number of in-person visits I will need?
- Can any of my treatments be safely delayed; and if so, for how long?
- What signs or symptoms should I monitor?
- If I require an in-person visit, are there times of the day that are less crowded or locations other than hospitals that are not treating COVID-19 patients where I can be seen?
- Given my treatment or health, am I immunocompromised? If so, what recommendations do you have for me? What precautions should I take?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.