Cancer treatment costs can vary widely
Full article: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cncr.30274/abstract
Healthcare providers cannot give their breast cancer patients information on chemotherapy treatment costs because not enough is known about the exact costs. New research finds that costs vary not only between different cancer treatments, but also between similar treatments, such as all treatments that target HER2+ breast cancer. (11/22/16)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- How much will my treatment cost?
- Will insurance providers cover this treatment cost?
- What are the projected copays or deductibles associated with my cancer treatment with my insurance coverage?
- Are there any options or financial arrangements that will allow me to pay my treatment costs over time?
- Are there open clinical trials that are appropriate for me?
- If alternative treatments are available, what are the benefits, risks and costs of each?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.