Coping with chemotherapy-induced hair loss
Full article: https://www.survivornet.com/articles/making-peace-with-hair-loss-stephanie-hess-shares-her-ovarian-cancer-story/
Ovarian cancer survivor Stephanie Hess shared her personal story about how she coped with hair loss. This XRAY review also includes treatments to reduce this common side effect of chemotherapy. (9/28/20)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Will my treatment result in temporary hair loss?
- Will my hair likely grow back the way it was before?
- Are there any treatments to reduce hair loss during chemotherapy or to help hair regrow after chemotherapy?
- What is scalp cooling?
- What side effects can occur after scalp cooling?
- How much does scalp cooing cost? Will it be covered by my health insurance?
- What other side effects should I expect from chemotherapy?
Open Clinical Trials
Any type of cancer
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.