Women with breast cancer symptoms but no lump may wait longer to seek medical care
Full article: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-11/cru-ois110716.php
Some patients take longer than others before getting a potential breast cancer checked by their health care provider. Believing that women who have breast cancer symptoms but have no lump may wait longer, researchers in this study used data from women who were diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 and 2010 to identify possible explanations. (1/18/17)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What are the symptoms of breast cancer?
- Should I be doing breast self exams? How frequently should I check my breasts?
- Should a doctor be checking my breasts for lumps? Is so, how frequently?
- What changes in my breast should I look for if I am concerned about breast cancer?
- Given my family history, how often should I be screened for breast cancer?
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.