Breast cancer disparities in Black Americans
Full article: https://cancerprogressreport.aacr.org/disparities/
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) released a 2020 report about cancer disparities among racial and ethnic groups in the United States. In this review, we highlight findings on the burden of breast cancer in Black women. (posted 8/5/21)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- When should I begin routine screening for breast cancer?
- How often should I have routine screening for breast cancer?
- Given my family history of breast cancer, do you recommend genetic counseling and testing?
- What factors put me at risk for breast cancer?
- What factors can I change that would lower my breast cancer risk?
- What is the best treatment option for my breast cancer?
- What factors put me at risk for poor treatment outcomes?
- Am I a good candidate for any clinical trials involving breast cancer treatment?
Open Clinical Trials
The following clinical research studies focus on addressing health disparities in cancer.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.