FDA issues warning on CDK inhibitors
Full article: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-warns-about-rare-severe-lung-inflammation-ibrance-kisqali-and-verzenio-breast-cancer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a safety alert for CDK inhibitors, including Ibrance (palbociclib), Kisqali (ribociclib), and Verzenio (abemaciclib). (9/24/19)
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Is it safe for me to continue to take my medication (CDK4/6 inhibitors)?
- I am worried I am risk for lung disease, should I continue to take my medication (CDK 4/6 inhibitor)?
- Are there other medications that are as effective for me as a CDK 4/6 inhibitor?
- What signs or symptoms of lung disease should I be looking for?
- Should I have a chest XRAY or other scan for lung disease?
Open Clinical Trials
The following studies are looking at management of side effects:
- NCT04533763: Living WELL: A Web-Based Program for Ovarian Cancer Survivors. This studies a group-based and web-delivered tool for ovarian cancer survivors in increasing quality of life and decreasing stress, depressive mood, anxiety, and fatigue across a 12-month period.
- NCT05047926: Prehabilitation for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Patients. Prehabilitation may improve peri-operative outcomes in patients undergoing cancer surgery. This study will look at structured activity for women undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy to improve their physical state prior to surgical intervention and thus improve outcomes.
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.