Sexual health concerns of gay and bisexual men with prostate cancer
Full article: https://www.goldjournal.net/article/S0090-4295(23)00458-2/fulltext
Prostate cancer therapy can affect gay and bisexual men differently than heterosexual men. Many urologists do not routinely address these unique concerns. Selecting providers who understand the concerns that are unique to gay and bisexual patients and asking questions about sexual health concerns may improve these patients' healthcare experiences. (Posted 9/21/23)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- What are my prostate cancer treatment options and how may they affect my sexual health?
- How can I manage these side effects?
- How long do these side effects typically last?
- What is important for my sexual partner to know about my treatment?
- Can you refer me to a sexual health expert?
Open Clinical Trials
The following organizations have cancer-related resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community.
The following organizations offer peer support services for people from the LGBTQ+ community.
- FORCE holds virtual support meetings organized by and for members of the LGBTQ+ hereditary cancer community. Check our National Meetings page for the next scheduled meeting.
- The National LGBT Cancer Network offers cancer support group meetings.
The following resources can help people from the LGBTQ+ community find compassionate care.
Finding LGBTQ+-friendly care
Other ways to find experts
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.