Genetic testing and the future of medicine
Full article: https://katiecouric.com/health/what-is-genetic-testing/
An article published in Katie Couric Media discusses genetic testing and how it can impact health. The author talked with Dr. Robert Steiner, a doctor who specializes in genetics. He talked about genetic testing and how the results can affect health and change lives. (Posted 9/28/23)
Este artículo está disponible en español.
Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Should I have clinical genetic testing?
- Can you refer me to a genetic counselor?
- What results can I expect from the type of genetic testing you are ordering?
- How might clinical genetic testing affect me and my family?
Open Clinical Trials
The following resources can help you locate a genetics expert near you or via telehealth.
Finding genetics experts
- The National Society of Genetic Counselor website has a search tool for finding a genetic counselor by specialty and location or via telehealth.
- InformedDNA is a network of board-certified genetic counselors providing this service by telephone. They can also help you find a qualified expert in your area for face-to-face genetic counseling if that is your preference.
- Gene-Screen is a third party genetic counseling group that can help educate, support and order testing for patients and their families.
- JScreen is a national program based out of Emory University that provides low-cost at-home genetic counseling and testing with financial assistance available.
- Grey Genetics provides access to genetic counselors who offer genetic counseling by telephone.
- The Genetic Support Foundation offers genetic counseling with board-certified genetic counselors.
Other ways to find experts
The following organizations have resources related to genetic counseling and testing:
FORCE is a national nonprofit organization, established in 1999. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by adult hereditary cancers.