9th Annual Joining FORCEs Conference
by Sue Friedman
On June 18-20 people from all over the globe will converge in Philadelphia for our 9th annual Joining FORCEs conference. This highly anticipated gathering brings together survivors, previvors, world experts, researchers, biotech companies, and advocates to share experiences, resources, and knowledge on HBOC.
Sessions for Every Situation
No matter what your situation — whether you are a survivor or previvor, male or female, newly-diagnosed or in treatment or post- treatment, if you've had surgery or you are undergoing enhanced screening, whether you have made all of your health care decisions or are in the process of trying to choose, our sessions will help you on your HBOC journey:
- More than 10 breast, reconstruction, gynecologic, and lymphedema surgeons will speak about risk-reducing surgery, managing surgical complications, breast reconstruction, and making surgical decisions.
- Genetics experts will demystify different genetics tests
- Experts will discuss the effects of menopause and hormonal and nonhormonal options for managing symptoms.
- Specialists will speak about strategies to reduce risk and improve quality of life using diet, exercise, and complementary medicine.
- Physicians will discuss fertility preservation and treatment, preimplantation genetic diagnosis, and other parenting options for survivors and previvors.
- Researchers will present the newest treatment options, including updates on PARP inhibitors and targeted therapies being researched for HBOC.
- Experts will advise how to understand research reports, navigate insurance, identify your legal rights, and how to help shape the future of HBOC research.
- Networking, panel discussions and workshops will allow you to meet, learn from and share your story with peers, and speak face-to-face with experts.
Online registration is closed but people can still attend and register on-site at the conference.
We so appreciate all of our conference sponsors, whose support helps us to deliver this high-quality program.
- Center for Restorative Breast Surgery
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health
- Hilton Becker MD, Clinic of Plastic Surgery
- Myriad Genetics Laboratories Inc.
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Center
- Ambry Genetics
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America Cigna
- Clovis Oncology
- Color Genomics
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Genomic Health
- Integrated Genetics & Integrated Oncology
- New York Group for Plastic Surgery
- Prevention Genetics
- Quest Diagnostics
We welcome your feedback. Please send your comments to Sue
fill out our Newsletter