FORCE has become an important part of my family’s life. The information I learn from the FORCE website and the support I get is invaluable to me and my previvor daughter.
To this end, FORCE has eight mission objectives:
- To provide women with resources to determine whether they are at high
risk for breast and ovarian cancer due to genetic predisposition, family
history, or other factors.
- To provide information about options for managing and living with
these risk factors.
- To provide support for women as they pursue these options.
- To provide support for families facing these risks.
- To raise awareness of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- To represent the concerns and interests of our high-risk constituency
to the cancer advocacy community, the scientific and medical community,
the legislative community, and the general public.
- To promote research specific to hereditary cancer.
- To reduce disparities among underserved populations by promoting access
to information, resources and clinical trials specific to hereditary
breast and ovarian cancer.