FORCE Recommended Reads
- FORCE Recommended Reads
- Update: PARP Inhibitor Research
- Brocade Study
- Personalizing Risk Assessment for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers (Conference 2012 Recap)
- Genetic Testing in the Jewish Community—Are We Doing Enough? (Conference 2012 Recap)
- Breast Cancer Surveillance and Chemoprevention (Conference 2012 Recap)
- High-risk Breast Surveillance Resource Gaps
- Joining FORCEs Conference 2014
- Voices of FORCE and sidebar Conversations on the Impact of Hereditary Cancer in Our Lives
- Our New Collaboration with Basser Research Center
- Basser Research Projects
- What's New @ FORCE
by Sue Friedman
We often say that informed decisions are the best decisions. But sometimes it can be difficult and time consuming to sort through various resources to find which is the most objective and comprehensive. Fortunately, we can recommend two books that are up-to-date, easy to read, and contain a wealth of information that is of interest to our community.
We’re very proud of Confronting Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer: Identify Your Risk, Understand Your Options, Change Your Destiny, our own publication authored by Sue Friedman, Dr. Rebecca Sutphen, and Kathy Steligo. It is a labor of love and commitment that has received kudos from our community and health care professionals alike. This book is a helpful guide, no matter where you are in your BRCA journey. It dispels myths and misinformation, and presents practical risk-reducing alternatives and decisionmaking tools.
The new third edition of The Breast Reconstruction Guidebook: Issues and Answers from Research to Recovery is completely updated. If you’re considering mastectomy, with or without reconstruction, find out why FORCE has recommended this book for over a decade, and why so many oncologists and surgeons recommend or provide it to their patients.
Both books are published by Johns Hopkins University Press and are available on Amazon, where you can take a peek inside, review the Tables of Contents, read reviews, and order. If you order either book (or both), please take a few minutes to post a review!
Disclaimer: Health links are made available for educational purposes only. This information should not be interpreted as medical advice. All health information should be discussed with your health care provider. Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
This site has been made possible by a generous grant from Morphotek.