Pre-Operative PARPi and Irradiation (POPI) in Women With an Incomplete Response to Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
Full study details on clinicaltrials.gov
Name of PARP Inhibitor used in study:
- Patient must be 18 years of age or older
- Patients must have an axillary nodal evaluation either by FNA or SNB in accordance with their institutional guidelines.
- Patient must have a Medical Oncology consult and be recommended to receive neoadjuvant chemotherapy for a stage II through IV carcinoma.
Type of study:
All subjects will receive preoperative Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy (NAC)treatment but only those with an incomplete response to NAC will be treated with the Preoperative experimental portion of the trial explained below.
- Patients who have a complete response after the administration of preoperative Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy (NAC) (per the recommendation by the treating medical oncologist) will go to the control arm of this trial. That control arm will include surgery followed by more Neo-Adjuvant (NAC) treatment if residual disease is still present.
- Those with residual disease after surgery will receive radiation with Veliparib.
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
Contact: Richard Zellars, M.D. 410-502-1421 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Shirley DiPasquale, R.N. 410-614-1598 email@example.com
Disclaimer: Health links are made available for educational purposes only. This information should not be interpreted as medical advice. All health information should be discussed with your health care provider. Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
This site has been made possible by a generous grant from Morphotek.